Our commitment to keeping the young people we serve safe is always our number one priority. Following the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak, it’s important that you know that Boys & Girls Clubs of San Antonio is doing everything possible to keep your child, our staff and volunteers protected from its spread. We are also closely monitoring reports from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and our local health department for all updated information.
As we communicated on March 2, we have increased our daily cleaning measures. More specifically, we have instituted daily cleaning checklists for program and custodial staff to include frequent cleaning and disinfecting of club vehicles, tables, desks, counters, chairs, door handles, light switches, phones, gaming tables, railings, electronics, water fountains, sinks, and all highly touched materials. Also, we have increased the frequency of hand washing for all members and staff at every BGCSA location. We have also communicated specific guidelines to our staff regarding illness and travel.
We ask that all families follow the CDC recommendations that can help prevent the spread of respiratory COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
If your child presents symptoms of being sick, you will be called to pick up your child so that he or she may seek medical care as needed.
Be assured that BGCSA takes this matter very seriously. We will follow all prescribed emergency management plans at state, county, and local government levels and school districts and are ready to take all appropriate measures to ensure the safety of your children. We thank you for your cooperation.
For more information, please contact our Club Support Services offices at (210) 436-0686.