BGCSA CEO NAMED ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
Boys & Girls Clubs of San Antonio (BGCSA) announced today that CEO Angie Mock has been named “Rookie of the Year” by Boys & Girls Clubs of America Southwest Region. This award is presented to a CEO new to the Boys & Girls movement who has demonstrated excellence in leadership as shown by increases in several Boys & Girls Clubs metrics including attendance, revenue and programs.
“I am so proud of the accomplishments in San Antonio,” said Teresa Walch, Boys & Girls Clubs of America Regional Vice President, who presented the award to Ms. Mock at the Regional Conference.
Ms. Mock was named CEO of the Boys & Girls Clubs of San Antonio in March 2011.
– increasing revenues by 40%
– increasing after-school sites from 35 to 42
– establishing a mentoring program at Randolph Air Force Base
– increased Average Daily Attendance by 12%
– increased unduplicated participants by 32%
– awarded scholarships to ALL club members who graduated from high school attended college in 2011 and 2012
“This recognition is for a team effort,” says Ms. Mock. “We are laser-focused on our three priority outcomes – Academic Success, Healthy Lifestyles, and Good Character & Citizenship – and focused on serving those who need us most.”
The Boys & Girls Clubs of San Antonio has five branches and forty-two onsite after school locations serving more than seven thousand members, ages 6-18 years old.
See the article in the San Antonio Business Journal HERE.