Since its inception, Boys & Girls Clubs of San Antonio has remained committed to helping area youth reach their full potential. This commitment has guided us in equipping our youth for success with diverse, innovative afterschool and summer programs that meet their interests and developmental needs.
Over the years, our programs have evolved to meet the changing needs of the community while never wavering from our core belief that every child, regardless of their income level or zip code, should have access to high quality, out-of-school-time programming in a safe and positive environment with adults who care about them.
The Boys Clubs of San Antonio (BGCSA) opens its doors in public housing on Dolorosa Street in 1939. Over the years, the Clubs grow in stature, membership and facilities.
Congressman Henry B. Gonzalez presents President John F. Kennedy with a gavel and handmade box created by the members in their woodworking shop.
Girls are invited to become members.
The name of the clubs is officially changed to the Boys & Girls Clubs of San Antonio.
President George H.W. Bush and Barbara Bush visit the Clubs and extend BGCSA the honor of recognition as a “Point of Light.”
2017 Mays Family Clubhouse opens as the six Clubhouse serving San Antonio area youth.
BGCSA receives 2018 Honor Award for Education and Career Development for its Young Achievers program.
BGCSA receives the 2019 Health & Life Skills Honor Award for its Culinary Health Education for Families (CHEF) program.
The Clubs serve 3,300 members, ages 6-18 years old, annually from 6 Clubhouses in the city of San Antonio and 19 on-site school locations in the San Antonio and Harlandale and Edgewood Independent School Districts.